Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: too many javs

too many javs

Hey, lets finaly change public or atleast pure pub.

It could be much better for everyone.

Screenshot from pub 0:
    http://img14.imageshack.us/img14/7369/2manyjavs9oo.jpg

ship limits: 2 javs, 2 sharks, ? wbs, 2 ters, unlimited spid/lanc, no lev/weasel
    TW tested that shiplimit bot. Did it work?

Teamkilling: players should get changed to spider if they teamkill too much in jav

And finaly, change it so everyone get warped when game start(remove !warp command)) this way even newbies understand idea.. freq 0 to left year freq 1 to right year. Freq 0 spawn left safe freq 1 right safe (maybe write some tips next to safe and transparency line which leads to base). Change score counting same as it's in ?go base, twbd, twlb + add scoreboard which makes it even more interesting.

Lets test this for one month and everybody will like it.

I agree with you. There should be a maximum of approx. 3 javs.
    Also the automated warping into the ears for everybody sounds very good. This way ppl dont get spawned immediately so both teams have equal chances
    I think this should be tested in pub 0 to see how everybody likes it, and maybe its possible to make a poll for this?
    Last edited by NL>Trigger; 01-18-2006 at 06:43 AM.

I've seen far more javs than that before, thats pub 0 on a good day!
    Rediscover online gaming. Get Subspace

Mantra-Slider> you like it rough
    Kitty> true

I girl with BooBiez> OH I GET IT U PRETEND TO BE A MAN

Flabby.tv - The Offical Flabby Website

hail to the King ... Baby Pressure Drop's Avatar
    putting a limit on will cuase countless whining and moaning about newbs hogging jav spot.

I think a small attach bounty of about 6-9 might go a bit to discourage so many javs. It would encourage camping and things like that though it might be worth it to stop all the javs attaching rocketing and tking so much in a flag room fight.
    In my world,
    I am King

and what do you guys think about the automated warp in ear for both teams, so that both have a better chance and not getting killed immediately cause of the random warp-in.

And there should really be a jav limit, cause 10 javs on each team is really too much. 4 should be the max

Quote Originally Posted by Pressure Drop
    putting a limit on will cuase countless whining and moaning about newbs hogging jav spot.

I think a small attach bounty of about 6-9 might go a bit to discourage so many javs. It would encourage camping and things like that though it might be worth it to stop all the javs attaching rocketing and tking so much in a flag room fight.
    i think its good if league and real tw is close to each other then its bad if there is some attach bty limit. like ppl dont whine alrdy? actually they would whine less if there is only 2 newbies teamkilling or if there is 5 newbies teamkilling.

and if jav is so important then can go to other pub this would be good for pub 0.
    + if they get spidered after teamkills then other players could take jav. or other thing could be score or bty limit for jav which some zones has. then scores would be more rewarding.

P.S. about that score system it could be time race to 5 or 10 mins.
    5= faster games
    10=players could build bty and maybe it would be better prac for real games
    Last edited by JeBu; 01-18-2006 at 07:10 AM.

o_O
    I totally agree what jebu says, but only for pure pub tho.
    Otherwise the beginners don't really have a change :P
    Last edited by AcuMo; 01-22-2006 at 06:06 AM.

Yah yah, too many javs in base games tend to ruin stuff, shiplimits to the purepub.

Politician
    Sounds like a good idea =) but what about warbird limits =P i unno, would really have to ask the players who play pure pub regularly though, on how they'd appreciate these limits

...Fool For A Lifetime PredatoR_FNM's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by AcuMo
    I totally agree with the jebu says, but only for pure pub tho.
    Otherwise the beginners don't really have a change :P
    ^Agreed.

Quote Originally Posted by JeBu
    + if they get spidered after teamkills then other players could take jav.
    Only problem with that is some people would then try to get tked so they could take jav...
    Rediscover online gaming. Get Subspace

Mantra-Slider> you like it rough
    Kitty> true

I girl with BooBiez> OH I GET IT U PRETEND TO BE A MAN

Flabby.tv - The Offical Flabby Website

Quote Originally Posted by Doc Flabby
    Only problem with that is some people would then try to get tked so they could take jav...
    yes true. maybe that would be illegal as tking or this :: report system should be fixed so staff would do that swapping. or bot would check that if person teamkilling same person then it only report to gms. OR limit of tks would be that high so 1 person couldnt abuse it.

lol. I couldn't agree more. In pub, many people pick jav because it's just the funner ship to play with and it's easy to use, especially if you're too lazy to try and kill with warbird (i.e. me at 1:00am).

There should also be something done about TK messages. If I get TKed, I shouldn't be the one receiving a message saying I got TKed, the other person should receive a message saying they TKed someone and should stop. (similar to metal gear or other zones)
    Thousands of candles can be lit from a single candle, and the life of the candle will not be shortened. Happiness never decreases by being shared.
    -Buddha

should I post this to TWPS?

hail to the King ... Baby Pressure Drop's Avatar
    i think its good if league and real tw is close to each other then its bad if there is some attach bty limit. like ppl dont whine alrdy? actually they would whine less if there is only 2 newbies teamkilling or if there is 5 newbies teamkilling.

and if jav is so important then can go to other pub this would be good for pub 0.
    + if they get spidered after teamkills then other players could take jav. or other thing could be score or bty limit for jav which some zones has. then scores would be more rewarding.

P.S. about that score system it could be time race to 5 or 10 mins.
    5= faster games
    10=players could build bty and maybe it would be better prac for real games
    You would have all the players wanting the jav spots, and crying when someone else who they think is inferior (i.e. anyone) and that they should "gtfo out" and let them, the true master of the game, take the jav spot.

The populace in TW whine a hell of alot and i think a move like this would cuase many ppl argueing over who should be jav etc becuase many who play this act like spoilt children most of the time. That goes for base as well where many wouldn't shark ever and demand cap so they can jav themselves every game ...
    In my world,
    I am King

The kitty from the stars StarKitty's Avatar
    should I post this to TWPS?

Yeah but make sure you write it up properly
    STARKITTY
    A White Mage

Buy edu backlinks

Your idea Jebu is a fine one indeed. Most things can be put into action fairly easy from what I know about the current bots. I won't limit the wb's, maybe not even the terrs. Cloaker and lev should be banned entirely and maybe a limit between 3 and 5 javs per team. The warps are great, and I also second the scoreboard. Doing this in pub 0 does mean the player limit of the pub should be raised or this should be implentend in 2 public arena's. With that, we could keep 2 base publics with the current settings and the rest of the pubs old school.
    Jason> God said, "Heh, I'm gonna give Eve some nice titties."
    Dyers eve> God wanted me to have nice titties?
    Superstar> Yes eve, he does want you to have nice titties. To bad he placed them on the wrong spot. Cup C size balls.

---------------------------------------------------

Greetz Dyers eve

Thumbs up
    Makelele> whos camping
    Sumpson> mitch
    KiAN> Mitch mind not camping?
    Lemar> mitch
    Mitch> shut the fuck up and get in

For King and Country! Mootland Farmer's Avatar
    Public arenas are not going to have their ships limited because they are a Public arena where everyone gets the chance to play what they want (except for the Levithan in this case). Also the majority of Public players do not want ?go base settings in the arena, is why they choose to play in that arena. A situation that Jebu posted in his screenshot rarely occurs, I know because I play there. Lastly, the Moderators already have a systems which we use to track down teamkillers etc.
    "What is it? Um . . . what do you want it to be?" óJuzba, Izzet tinker

• Shark
    • Dicer
    • Sager
    • Trench Wars Map Uploader

One think could be (if its even possible) to make you get -1 kill, when you teamkill someone. This will demand alot of work tho.