Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Public memo - October 2016

I have to agree with kontrolz Pub is our first introduction to new players.
    Most games sort this out with levels or maps for advanced players.
    We do not have the population for that anymore.

Pub is where people come to warm up, Pub is where people come to have fun, Pub was the original.
    Even if its just changing the color of the tetris blocks making up the base do it. Start off small then move up to bigger things like maybe updating the front page with more events like ohhh I dono at least one or two a month hell even if its bugs zombies battleship tanks mario cart ect...

The people will come back meet old friends and get sucked back into the love that is subpace

As for the changes in ships those are mostly to please individual's imo
    Hell even if its more word games or something we can get the population back up.

People need to go on twitter or any digital site facebook even ewwwww hate them but yea and talk about what a great time you had on this old shooter last night and how tight knit the community is.

I rarely see it above 130-40 lately
    Like was said Public Arena is the first face people see when they come into the game. The more friendly ie ZH or some other helper pm's the new guy and asks if they need help or training or hell anything.
    This doesnt need programers or bot makers just people even not mods to help out and spread the word.

Quote Originally Posted by Kontrolz View Post
    You have Quality Assurance, and a sysop with nobody under him but not one mention of the public arena.
    thats because our Quality Assurance makes sure that the quality of this game remains shit
    1:Rasaq> i scrub really hard with toilet paper so little pieces of it get stuck to my anus hair and then later on when im watching tv i like to pull them out slowly because it feels pretty good

1:Mutalisk> heard that n1111ga okyo got some DSLs

5:Eggboy32> easier is to pee in bucket and drop it on ur head and let it soak down

Paradise> No names but there's actually a black man in the arena right now.

Jones> MAAAAN1111GA UCHIHA

Klean-X> because i am armenian
    wicket666> its american

Quote Originally Posted by Crescent Seal View Post
    thats because our Quality Assurance makes sure that the quality of this game remains shit
    its only fair, he brown nosed his way all the way to the top
    plenty to go around
    The above text is a personal opinion of an individual and is not representative of the statements or opinions of Trench Wars or Trench Wars staff.

SSCJ Distension Owner
    SSCU Trench Wars Developer

Last edited by Shaddowknight; Today at 05:49 AM. Reason: Much racism. So hate. Such ban. Wow.

I'm wondering what can possibly be done to improve pub? It seems fine to me, maybe hosting huge pubbux base series and prizing the winners? I don't know what else can be done to improve it besides maybe tweaking ship sets which will make some people happy and others upset.

I know what we really need right now is another league

Quote Originally Posted by Omega Red View Post
    I'm wondering what can possibly be done to improve pub? It seems fine to me, maybe hosting huge pubbux base series and prizing the winners? I don't know what else can be done to improve it besides maybe tweaking ship sets which will make some people happy and others upset.

I know what we really need right now is another league
    http://forums.subspace.tw/showthread...rdination-Team

Perhaps you can get with MC and offer to help him run one of them.
    8:Lrim> you guys take this game too seriously

"Hi mom, this Christmas can Santa get me a desktop computer, rather than the Xbox one with call of duty and skyrim."

Let's be real, it's too late to do anything now. The skill set is too complexed for new players. Forget trying to advertise to new players.

What we should do is speak to other zones and combining all ship settings, maps and events into one zone and host a mixture of games from each zone in the big zone. We need to become the Pangaea

Quote Originally Posted by Ivf View Post
    "Hi mom, this Christmas can Santa get me a desktop computer, rather than the Xbox one with call of duty and skyrim."

Let's be real, it's too late to do anything now. The skill set is too complexed for new players. Forget trying to advertise to new players.

What we should do is speak to other zones and combining all ship settings, maps and events into one zone and host a mixture of games from each zone in the big zone. We need to become the Pangaea
    This is probably the best possible move going forward, consolidation of the zones. I remember people have brought this up in the past before, and it was killed due to zone owners still trying to maintain control. I would imagine that all zones could probably be hosted under TW since it's the biggest zone.

The only challenge would be convincing players and the owners that their zone would have to become a sub-arena of TW? This would greatly benefit TW the most but who knows. The bureaucracy that exists still in this dead game is ridiculous

lols cabrabannog would prolly rather see svs die before he sees it in tw.
    Quote Originally Posted by jerome
    can we stop and wonder in amazement at the fact that we play a VIDEO GAME that has "generations"???

It's the only possible way to prolong this game. But will people be willing to participate in the other zones arenas? Or will it be everyone in one zone but in the same arenas...

It's the only possible way to prolong this game. But will people be willing to participate in the other zones arenas? Or will it be everyone in one zone but in the same arenas...
    svs players don't like trench wars but i don't see why we couldn't try? there's a small chance some twers will play more pracs like this as long as they get picked... people need to think about the bigger picture instead of their own egos to make it work
    can we stop and wonder in amazement at the fact that we play a VIDEO GAME that has "generations"???

always a good time seeing people complain about tw leadership and then propose all of ss fall under tw leadership on literally the same page
    The above text is a personal opinion of an individual and is not representative of the statements or opinions of Trench Wars or Trench Wars staff.

SSCJ Distension Owner
    SSCU Trench Wars Developer

Last edited by Shaddowknight; Today at 05:49 AM. Reason: Much racism. So hate. Such ban. Wow.

I'm wondering what can possibly be done to improve pub?
    pubsquads

Lightbulb

I figured out a more easier to understand Staff Organizational Chart that explains our current, past and future situation

Enjoy!

Agreed with Jones on regards of pubsquads...possibly giving pub bux to the players in squads, for example...double pub bux to 2 players on the same Freq playing, triple points for 3 players, you get the picture...

thought you retired
    TWL-J Season 11 Champion
    TWL-J Season 21 Champion
    TWL-B Season 21 Champion

I don't play anymore but browse forum on my phone

Agreed with Jones on regards of pubsquads...possibly giving pub bux to the players in squads, for example...double pub bux to 2 players on the same Freq playing, triple points for 3 players, you get the picture...
    Too good an idea not to immediately implement. It's a smaller bonus, though -- have to see how it plays, and if it motivates anyone. 20% for 2 players, 40% for 3 ... up to 100% bonus (double) for 6+ players. Currently it will occasionally send a message to the winning freq that they can receive this bonus if they squad up.

Quote Originally Posted by Jones
    I figured out a more easier to understand Staff Organizational Chart that explains our current, past and future situation
    I lol'd

Lot of reasons this will never happen. But for any old zones that are no longer around, TW, like many other still-active zones, will gladly host old arenas (and bots, if they're in TWCore and compatible).

Keep it under your hat but we do still have two Steam releases left. If everything goes well, we'll have another shot at a huge influx of people. With a bit of coordination and regular updates, we might be able to keep all zone's downloads to an absolute minimum, so as to make a seamless entry for new players. Not that many will stay with what we've got, though. So I'm looking into the controversial idea of updating some of the most outdated parts of the game for the default release ... for example, running a low pass filter over most of the sounds and converting to 44kHz ... disabling engine sounds by default ... background graphics ... a variety of keyboard bindings available, including a default that's different from standard ... etc etc. Attempting to maintain the spirit of the original without looking/feeling so much like it's from the late 90's. "Original" flavor available as a DLC. Just rambling, nothing decided, but, some ideas.
    "You're a gentleman," they used to say to him. "You shouldn't have gone murdering people with a hatchet; that's no occupation for a gentleman."
    -Dostoevsky's Crime and Punishment

I will rejoin game and staff if I get the position - Idea man...there's plenty more where that came from l. I will go straight to M_M with my ideas, so that he can look useful in the staff list.

I don't play anymore but browse forum on my phone

It's hard to quit this game. You'll never quit. This is the greatest game ever made.

This is probably the best possible move going forward, consolidation of the zones. I remember people have brought this up in the past before, and it was killed due to zone owners still trying to maintain control. I would imagine that all zones could probably be hosted under TW since it's the biggest zone.

The only challenge would be convincing players and the owners that their zone would have to become a sub-arena of TW? This would greatly benefit TW the most but who knows. The bureaucracy that exists still in this dead game is ridiculous
    hehehe
    3:kyler> who r u btw i keep wanting to ask people "who is 45th pres" but someone gonna say "trump"
    3:45th President> do it
    kyler> who is 45th President
    nah> donald j trump

Downfall> Shoutout to forwards for randomly giving gunsmith results that made no sense and just made things harder

Jacklyn> holster is the thing that holds/carry the gun