Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: TWL 22

TWL 22

2017 is almost upon us, but more importantly TWL 22 is only a few weeks away (Date TBD).

We are looking for some players to help run this years league.

Posts to be filled are;
    1- Sunday host coordinator - This is is a staff role as the person will need to have access to bots and staff chats. The person will need to be active on Sundays and will need to be able to speak up and organise a bunch of online volunteers.
    2- Scheduler - This does not need to be a staffer - This person will be in charge of making sure that the TWL site is kept up to date, rosters and schedule.
    3- Community liaison - This does not need to be as staffer - This person will be in charge of keeping the community up to date, on the forums, in game zoners, newsletter information

All 3 of these people will be TWL OP's and will be involved in the decision making before and during the season.
    The above are my suggested roles based on my experience last season and my vision for the next season, both are up for discussion once the 3 (or more) TWL Op's have been appointed
    All people are welcome to apply for the staff and non-staff roles, but please be aware that this is relativity long term commitment and will require a number of hours of work each week during the season.

If you would like to apply for any of the positions or discuss further, please ?message me in game, all people will be considered (even you cres) the only requirement really is that you believe you can do it and that you are active enough to actually do it.

Do you want to see Trenchwars have another season of TWL and you believe you can help make that happen and want to be a part of #MakeTWGreatAgain then ?message me !

Much love,
    Mark

MRW

Leland
    I WAS TREATED VERY UNFAIRLY
    Leland

Why the fuck is a TWL season being hosted if all ladders have 4 participating squads? It's stupid. The league has died, stop!
    2:morph> serious question how does ass taste crip
    2:cripple> dude it tastes amazing. especially when her liquid comes out after u pull out ur tongue out of her butthole
    2:jebass> i gave a rim job wants got a pc of corn stuck to my tongue

Mortal 2016

Agreed it is beyond dead.

Quote Originally Posted by Banks View Post
    Why the fuck is a TWL season being hosted if all ladders have 4 participating squads? It's stupid. The league has died, stop!
    I guess it wouldn't do any harm to try and host a new league, might tempt old players to come on and reignite twd.
    1:Hece> iv done good A (amphetamine) many times and ppl say u cant get your dick up on it..my dick works on every chemical i have tried so far

I wouldn't discourage a willing moderator from hosting the league. However, this announcement begs the question: why wasn't TWL announced when TWDT was (relatively) active and players were still motivated to log in? The zone currently being dead is a product of a general lack of awareness that any other TWL season would take place. TWL is supposed to be announced quickly after its preceding league so that people know they are still logging in with an end goal of playing TWL. We lost a ton of players because of this.

Before solidifying the next season, the next step should be to try to garner interest from players who have borderline quit and see how many can be rounded up to play. A successful TWL season requires significantly more players and squads than I'm seeing when I log in and when I check the TWD site. It may be a better idea to focus hard on marketing and gaining player interest while the 2v2 league pans out and then planning to host TWL after. TWL would never work with the same population that was approached to sign up for the 2v2 league. There are literally a total of 30-40 players signed up for that despite Mythril doing a great job.

Good luck Markmrw, wish I could help more. Happy New Year everyone!
    4:Best> pressure was a terr for halloween 4:Best> guy had 4 dudes on him attached

4:Siaxis> what time is it in zimbobwe para?

4:Children> every morning i wake up, look in the mirror and thank god i'm not paradise

4:Best> Mighty's forehead has wifi

4:Mighty> u guys ever eat a ketchup sandwich?

4:sphinx> mighty fought a raccoon in an alley for some bbq chips

4:RaCka> so what if paradise is dressing up as a slim jim for halloween?

Moar twl? Zone is kinda dead but I'll log on for that.

Quote Originally Posted by Pressure View Post
    I wouldn't discourage a willing moderator from hosting the league. However, this announcement begs the question: why wasn't TWL announced when TWDT was (relatively) active and players were still motivated to log in? The zone currently being dead is a product of a general lack of awareness that any other TWL season would take place. TWL is supposed to be announced quickly after its preceding league so that people know they are still logging in with an end goal of playing TWL. We lost a ton of players because of this.

Before solidifying the next season, the next step should be to try to garner interest from players who have borderline quit and see how many can be rounded up to play. A successful TWL season requires significantly more players and squads than I'm seeing when I log in and when I check the TWD site. It may be a better idea to focus hard on marketing and gaining player interest while the 2v2 league pans out and then planning to host TWL after. TWL would never work with the same population that was approached to sign up for the 2v2 league. There are literally a total of 30-40 players signed up for that despite Mythril doing a great job.
    pretty much sums it up. i feel like staff missed that perfect window of announcing the next twl when activity and interest was at its relative peak.
    1:Rasaq> i scrub really hard with toilet paper so little pieces of it get stuck to my anus hair and then later on when im watching tv i like to pull them out slowly because it feels pretty good

1:Mutalisk> heard that n1111ga okyo got some DSLs

5:Eggboy32> easier is to pee in bucket and drop it on ur head and let it soak down

Paradise> No names but there's actually a black man in the arena right now.

Jones> MAAAAN1111GA UCHIHA

Klean-X> because i am armenian
    wicket666> its american

I think everyone felt burned out from TWL, TWDT and TWEL all happening in a span of like 5 months, or at least that's how I felt. TWDL is going to run for another 2 months and should turn out to be a fun side league once things get rolling. Resetting the TWD ladder now for TWL qualifying and then starting TWL right after TWDL ends could work well. Gives enough time for the buzz of TWL to set in and gives time for squads to begin forming while the 2v2 league keeps the population interested in the mean time. Honestly though if population doesn't improve, might be time to turn TWL into 4v4 LD/LJ and TWLB into 6v6 or 7v7. It was already impossible to field 8 squads per league without 2 of them getting dq'd when population was more promising.
    Cape> oder make plays from spec

Quote Originally Posted by Pressure View Post

Good luck Markmrw, wish I could help more. Happy New Year everyone!
    This guy actually still think this game can revive... how many people tried to revive the community of this game? 100 ppl at least. It's done. We can't have anyone back. Hence, i am not coming back. i just come check these forums at 4 am cause i can't sleep. Every time i log on, there's no twd going on. i am not coming back for a twl season that's for sure. I did not even play last twdt becaus ei lost interest. There was no twd going on to practice or have fun.

Really wish the best to my man Mark. You're a star despite the league situation. Happy new year TWers!

Ciao.

I still have no interest in returning yet post-last TWL/TWDT seasons so I doubt I'll be around for it sadly.
    TWL-J Season 11 Champion
    TWL-J Season 21 Champion
    TWL-B Season 21 Champion

Even if you had TWL roster limit set at 10max players. You still probly couldnt get 5 teams to show a basing lineup worth playing. Might as well not even have basing twl. Theres only enough REAL basers left for 2 squads mybe. And they just gonna stack on same squad and bully. Fkn dumb and 0 fun.

Even showing 5 for wb/jav will be tough to have an exciting match. There's not enough skill players these day. This game in a nut shell anymore. Is get on a stacked squad or have 0 chance at winning.

Why you think everyone quits cause its fkn dumb just getting smashed twd match after twd match. I mean look whos left??? Only the players who dominant twd/twl for years. All the mediocre players quit because they got tired of getting destroyed. And alot of the vets stopped logging in because its boring, noone new to vs, and it gets old playing the same people everyday.

I've been logging in religiously everyday for the last 10 years just for twd. And that has become so boring/dead over the last year. I find my self lucky to log in once a week anymore. Thats says alot. And its normaly a ?chat oh no1 is one then log right back off after waiting 10mins or so.

Before you host twl make sure you have enough active players or you are just going to ruin twl and make the game truly die. If you have to disqualify teams for no shows its going to be the final nail in the coffin.
    3x Claushouse stomper, gun busting tw pub warrior, #doitwidachewin one bad SOB

born in the gutter, and chained to the radiator of a squat basement for 16 years
    We are proud to announce the triumph return. FROM ALL THE WAY IN THE BACK OF THE FOOD STAMP LINE!
    AND STRAIGHT OUTTA MOTHERFUCKING REHAB!
    IT'S THE GOOD, THE BAD, AND THE MOTHA FKN OLDE

someone needs to rack their brains around how you can get people to return to play TWL including vets....but I don't know how?

My only idea would be big cash prizes for the top teams (finalists/semi-finalists split accordingly) plus money for each player included in all-star lineups? We have a fuck tonne of donation money still sat there that's going to just...disappear, at least it's an effort?

Edit: Just looked on donations page - seen we've had $12,000 donated in total, and have spent nearly $10,000 of it, wtf did we spend that on? I can see atleast $5k of that is justified but 'TW Development' Money Spent of over $4k doesn't show what it was spent on?

Still have a fair amount to use on cash prizes..
    Last edited by Ricko; 01-03-2017 at 10:37 AM.
    TWL-J Season 11 Champion
    TWL-J Season 21 Champion
    TWL-B Season 21 Champion

Looks like a fair chunk of the donation funds has recently been spent for "Trench Wars Development", but there is no information about the money spent .. so.. who knows what happened to it. The site is conveniently broken and/or not kept up to date. I am guessing it is the monthly web and bot server expenses, though.

You'd think that, but the monthly costs for web/server seems to have come out of the 'you choose for me' category.

Every other section explains what's gone against it in a pop up window when you click on it, but the biggest portion taken out from the donation pot doesn't have this pop-up explaining where it's gone....interesting.
    TWL-J Season 11 Champion
    TWL-J Season 21 Champion
    TWL-B Season 21 Champion

Major Crisis/Ownix Major Crisis's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Ricko View Post
    someone needs to rack their brains around how you can get people to return to play TWL including vets....but I don't know how?

My only idea would be big cash prizes for the top teams (finalists/semi-finalists split accordingly) plus money for each player included in all-star lineups? We have a fuck tonne of donation money still sat there that's going to just...disappear, at least it's an effort?

Edit: Just looked on donations page - seen we've had $12,000 donated in total, and have spent nearly $10,000 of it, wtf did we spend that on? I can see atleast $5k of that is justified but 'TW Development' Money Spent of over $4k doesn't show what it was spent on?

Still have a fair amount to use on cash prizes..

As far as I know lots of it has been spend on the major hack they had a few years ago. Besides that, all the servers cost $100 a month. The last staff meeting when I was still still there was around 1 year of money left for servers. And about the cash prizes... I have been told multiple times not to use them for ECT, so I dont see why they would suddenly give it out TWL/TWDT.

And giving prizes to the all-stars or winners would only make the real vets come back. If you see that of whole 'real' brainwave only me, oder and midoent still play. No one these guys would come back because of money prizes in TWL, cuz they know they will never win it.
    Major Crisis

the lack of transparency of staff operations continues to plague this game. the donation money continues to be incompetently used and staff-player communication remains shitty. hard to expect a bright future with such a pathetic infrastructure. the community kept this game going and unfortunately, even it has had enough. personally, my interest in this game is at an all time low and I'm sure this is the case for most of the competitive players. it might be burn out or just the realization of the inevitable end. i doubt cash prizes will do anything for activity in twl based on its success in twel. player initiative to create/captain squads is at an all time low considering its off season and should be a major point to target and discuss.
    1:Rasaq> i scrub really hard with toilet paper so little pieces of it get stuck to my anus hair and then later on when im watching tv i like to pull them out slowly because it feels pretty good

1:Mutalisk> heard that n1111ga okyo got some DSLs

5:Eggboy32> easier is to pee in bucket and drop it on ur head and let it soak down

Paradise> No names but there's actually a black man in the arena right now.

Jones> MAAAAN1111GA UCHIHA

Klean-X> because i am armenian
    wicket666> its american

Quote Originally Posted by Turban View Post
    I am guessing it is the monthly web and bot server expenses, though.
    you've trolled a lot in your subspace career but that right there takes the biscuit
    3:kyler> who r u btw i keep wanting to ask people "who is 45th pres" but someone gonna say "trump"
    3:45th President> do it
    kyler> who is 45th President
    nah> donald j trump

Downfall> Shoutout to forwards for randomly giving gunsmith results that made no sense and just made things harder

Jacklyn> holster is the thing that holds/carry the gun

lack of transparency maybe, but also a lack of understanding the need to motivate the players - right now I have no motivation to get active or attempt to compete for a title, as is the case for alot of people who have 'retired'/gone inactive....

give us the motivation! (A good one, not some additional stat on the twl site).
    TWL-J Season 11 Champion
    TWL-J Season 21 Champion
    TWL-B Season 21 Champion

There's obviously some interest in a competitive league in TW, whether it be TWL or something else. This thread alone has 400+ views.