Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: TWL Season 22!

Hybrid View

TWL Season 22!

Finally, yes you are reading the heading correctly. TWL Season 22 will take place very shortly as myself and 24 have decided to step up and get this underway. We will be doing a TWD reset Friday February 10, 2017 @ 6 pm EST. More details to come very soon as to specifics regarding how many teams, roster sizes, format...etc! So get your friends together and get ready for another TWL Season.

Thanks - 24/Geio
    4x TWLD Champion
    Fierce For Life

Thanks for stepping up.
    1:Rasaq> i scrub really hard with toilet paper so little pieces of it get stuck to my anus hair and then later on when im watching tv i like to pull them out slowly because it feels pretty good

1:Mutalisk> heard that n1111ga okyo got some DSLs

5:Eggboy32> easier is to pee in bucket and drop it on ur head and let it soak down

Paradise> No names but there's actually a black man in the arena right now.

Jones> MAAAAN1111GA UCHIHA

Klean-X> because i am armenian
    wicket666> its american

Quote Originally Posted by Crescent Seal View Post
    Thanks for stepping up.
    Of course, no games were happening because there was nothing to play for. It had to happen.
    4x TWLD Champion
    Fierce For Life

Good work stepping up. I'm concerned about whether it is even possible to have a competitive season at this point, but I hope I'm wrong. Having said that, I think it is important that you extend the qualification period to 2 months. There is one active squad across all three leagues. 2 weeks isn't enough time to revive the zone.
    4:Best> pressure was a terr for halloween 4:Best> guy had 4 dudes on him attached

4:Siaxis> what time is it in zimbobwe para?

4:Children> every morning i wake up, look in the mirror and thank god i'm not paradise

4:Best> Mighty's forehead has wifi

4:Mighty> u guys ever eat a ketchup sandwich?

4:sphinx> mighty fought a raccoon in an alley for some bbq chips

4:RaCka> so what if paradise is dressing up as a slim jim for halloween?

im crying
    Captain of the most winningest team in TWDT history - Power

I feel like you might have better chances of a successful league simply running TWDT, since it doesn't require active captains recruiting and finding a squad.

It's much easier to convince someone to simply sign up and show up sundays on a draft team, than it is to find willing TWL captains to run a squad full-time and form competitive teams, which I'm not sure is even possible at this point. TWL 21 was pretty bad IMO.

Good luck either way.

Quote Originally Posted by zidane View Post
    im crying

of joy? hehe

I'll come back and participate. I've popped online for two days now.
    But how's the basing looking like? It doesn't look too promising from what I see.

Major Crisis/Ownix Major Crisis's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Efhat View Post
    I'll come back and participate. I've popped online for two days now.
    But how's the basing looking like? It doesn't look too promising from what I see.

We played one yesterday, was the first this year.. But since every baser thinks like that, see what TJ posted above, none of them even logs on. That means nothing will happen for sure. People cant expect BDs randomly turning up. Envy always asks on whatsapp for game etc to get ppl on, it definately helps. I am sure people will play LB when it happens, like TWBD was dead while TWDTB too, yet is was imo one of the better balanced seasons and no forfeits. We can only hope that there wont be stacking squads again, cuz yes it killed LB. Thunder/Cobra complained cuz of lack of competition and Lego/force was tired of getting raped. But like I said TWDTB was pretty competitive, winner wasnt that sure on beforehand. TWJD is still active cuz it is somewhat the only division thats still competitive.
    Major Crisis

hurry up! 2 weeks left to stack!!!
    WB WORST SHIP EVER LUL

Valid points, Ricko and DW and I appreciate the response...I would just like to avoid the summer cause that's when people go outside and do things/vacations....whatever have you! BUT yes as of late more and more keep coming online! So ill give it a week or so and see how it looks! Again...appreciate the respnse
    4x TWLD Champion
    Fierce For Life

People are still here....

"People fear what they can't understand, hate what they can't conquer."

"Cherry blossoms in the Spring, and starry skies in the Summer. The Autumn brings the full moon. The Winter brings the snow. These things make Sake taste good. If you don't like Sake, then there is something wrong with you." Seijuro Hiko

Leland
    ya i still dont know what any of this means

eason 12 champion TWLD / TWLJ
    Season 18 champion TWLJ / TWLB
    Season 19 champion TWLB (C)

Season 8 champion TWDT-J TWDT-B (C)
    Season 12 champion TWDT-J (C)
    Season 13 champion TWDT-B (C)

Leland

Quote Originally Posted by RednaZ View Post
    People are still here....

you're here, are you not?
    Quote Originally Posted by jerome
    can we stop and wonder in amazement at the fact that we play a VIDEO GAME that has "generations"???

Quote Originally Posted by Ricko View Post
    I'd suggest a month rather than 2 weeks - seems a few more people are popping online now, and even Paladen have played a dd again so you know things are going in the right direction.

It might eat into the summer, but surely if it started Mid March we can get a season finished in....10-12 weeks??

Quote Originally Posted by Geio View Post
    Valid points, Ricko and DW and I appreciate the response...I would just like to avoid the summer cause that's when people go outside and do things/vacations....whatever have you! BUT yes as of late more and more keep coming online! So ill give it a week or so and see how it looks! Again...appreciate the respnse
    we logged on cause twl is coming don't fall for this bait
    AKA Shaun
    ----------------------

Draft could be a better option. Purely for distributing players evenly amongst 6-8 teams.
    Tower> bangladesh contains 130million people in a space the size of louisiana
    shaun> soupero lives in belgium
    Tower> and they all live to 70
    2pacZ> u know why
    2pacZ> because they live fish
    2pacZ> u moron tower

Tower> you can't treat autism with 1 pill
    Partsi> sure you can
    Partsi> cyanide

draft should be tried first to see if there's still any interest at all in a competitive league

twl right now would fail miserably.. especially base wheres there been 1 bd in like .. how many months?
    Captain of the most winningest team in TWDT history - Power

Quote Originally Posted by zidane View Post
    draft should be tried first to see if there's still any interest at all in a competitive league

twl right now would fail miserably.. especially base wheres there been 1 bd in like .. how many months?
    should do a controlled draft for TWL. 6 caps and 3 sub caps for each cap (core players) - rest of TW pop is drafted onto the squads

Cash prize

Hey cuties!

I moved 300km away, but this weekend I'm grabbing my desktop, so I might randomly log again only to curse how the trenches have become and logout. Regardless, I'll sign for whatever and try to grab my brother despite being likely that neither will play. Hopefully, I'm wrong.

Option 1) Make it some sort draft with or without EG (cash prize for winners). Regular strict TWL, judging by TWD, it will have 6 max squads or like DW said, a boring round total of 4. I'm sure it's atrocious in the trenches..so pick your spot well. And forget the old fashioned notion of "elitism" or saving TWL's former glory (ended around 2010/11, really) if you wanna go forward. Just do it like Geio and 24. No questions asked in a way.

Option 2) Grab the most notorious DT operator..close your eyes, stay put and magic will happen in form of TWDT. With love anything is possible. Even if it looks weird.

Option 3) What's obvious is too obvious, so let it fly. Stay logged out and remember the good old days with style and grace

- Papi
    Last edited by Stayon; 02-21-2017 at 10:39 PM.