Results 1 to 20 of 109

Thread: All the Reasons America is Retarded (Dona

Hybrid View

  1. #1
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    18

    All the Reasons America is Retarded (Dona

    Donald Trump not included d
    --------------------------------------------
    Well there's my covfefe moment why the fuck did it post like that. Anyway here's a list of the main reasons why America sucks not including Trump:

    Wealth Inequality

    1. The richest 1% own more than the "bottom" (relative use of the term here) 90% of Americans combined. But it's ok because America is super fair and only the most talented of con-artists and snake oil salesmen can reach the top.
    2. The richest 0.1% (which is still 300,000 people) make what? more than $5 mill a year? Now imagine the richest 0.01% which is still 30,000 people - they probably make $50 mill a year or more.
    3. Here's the kicker: the richest 0.1% or 0.01% have convinced idiots like Kthx that the system is fair through an elaborate propaganda network and an appeal to certain economic grey areas (more on this later I guess)
    4. Now people like Kthx go around mocking people who make less money, or are poor, unaware that they are a small fish as well on account of never meeting anyone from that 0.01%. If people like Kthx make $100k a year that is quite a good salary - but remember there are people who spend your yearly salary in a week. You aren't anybody important by any stretch.
    5. The rich keep the poor arguing against each other, perhaps not as a sinister conspiratorial plan but a logical game theoretical pathway that each player can reach independently. To assume rich people don't know they are rich, and wouldn't spend a good amount of money and effort to keep it that way, isn't giving enough credit. Far from brilliant tacticians, I'm sure if you put the average educated American in their shoes they could reach the same or similar conclusions. The rich want to stay rich and they are also the most empowered.
    6. Most problems in America stem from this dynamic, nay, most problems in the world arise from this dynamic as I hope to show. Let's move on to another topic but keep in mind they all arise from this root cause.

    How Wealth Inequality Relates to the Average American
    - Millions of Americans cannot afford health care, in contrast to countries like the rest of the civilized world (great country btw) that can afford, on much smaller economies, to provide healthcare for their citizens.
    - While productivity has risen predictably, wages have stagnated due to forces arising from this inequality.
    - General quality of life suffers predictably but in unseen ways. 40 million Americans live in poverty. Poverty is a strong causal factor of further life issues such as crime, mental illness, poor family planning, poor health, drug use, homelessness, education and it all spirals downward.The Military-Industrial Complex
    1. Prior to WW2, America was incredibly isolationist. This is a suitable strategy if you can imagine: America is the newest country and it occupies ALMOST an entire continent that was only recently discovered. It's also an ocean away from any world superpower of the time. Any strategist could tell you this is very beneficial, and it would be just as beneficial for America not to overeach their nascent power and instead focus on building and growth in your relative safety. In Starcraft when you find out your opponent is at the furthest possible starting point, expanding early becomes a good strategy: time is perhaps the most valuable strategic resource and America with its position in the world had plenty of it before WW2.
    2. After WW2 the geopolitical landscape was changed forever due to the nature of technology. 20 years before, enemy planes were barely a thing to be considered for America at least. Now, after WW2, planes can strike globally with massive bombs that can wipe out entire cities. There was hardly a resting moment between the two but the geopolitical dynamics changed dramatically.
    3. The Korean War, Vietnam War, arming rebel groups that align with your interests, the Gulf War, then the Iraq/Afghanistan Wars. Hope I'm not missing any. After WW2 there are two threats that serve essentially the same purpose: the red scare (communism) and the Islamic scare (dictators and terrorists).
    4. The communist threat was arguably more grave: as a political system it would pave the way for ruthless dictators to terrorize their people, not because communism itself is flawed although it well could be, but rather because brutal authoritarians love a good power vacuum. The Islamic threat is not as grave: power in the late 20th/early 21st century is a lot more decentralized. Only a country like North Korea, which has intentionally kept its population in the dark for decades, is able to pull it off. With the communications of today people are a lot less susceptible to being controlled on such a mass scale. Even ISIS, which at its peak controlled a good portion of Syria and Iraq, could only do so in such a poor area of the world, and even then there's no saying how long they could maintain it even without foreign intervention. If they held Syria for even 5 years is that really any amount of time in a geopolitical context?
    5. Iraq did not have nuclear capabilities, they were not hiding Bin Laden evidently and why should they - Saddam and the Saudis had no particular good relations. Iraq and Afghanistan don't even share a border. There was no reason to ever enter Iraq besides oil and don't tell me the Bush administration or Americans in general had a soft spot for the Iraqi people being oppressed. It was all about oil and relieving pressure on a key US ally Saudi Arabia. The fact that we were VERY ARGUABLY doing some good in the region is a very minor point - it is not America's job to police the Middle East.

    How the MIC Relates to the Average American
    1. In 2016 the Department of Defense had a budget of $580 Billion. The military is an investment in many ways: it employs people, opens up new resources (Iraqi oil for example) and partnerships, it protects the image of America as a strong and safe investment, and more.
    2. Meanwhile in America there is a gun in almost every home, cities like Chicago have a shooting every 3 hours and a person is murdered every 12 hours. The Middle East is likely safer than some American neighborhoods.
    3. Some "Most Manco-Like:" character shoots up a school every year or so in a mass shooting spree. Everyone feels bad, the cable news shows have their programming for the next few days, newspapers sell more copies, and people buy more guns ironically.
    4. Americans are somehow convinced that if they needed to rebel against their 580 billion dollar/year government, they're going to do it with their household firearms. Let me tell you idiots something. If the government decided to turn against the population the best use for the gun in your home is to shoot yourself in the head and save yourself the trouble. Of course nobody has a gun for that reason, they have it because it makes them feel powerful and hey, I didn't shoot anybody so why should my toy be taken away?
    5. Of course even if you wanted to destroy all the guns in America there would just be a black market. Create more conflicts so you can create more arms so you can create more jobs (and by jobs I mean wealth for the people who matter). America would be shooting itself in the foot economically by banning guns, since they are one of the biggest suppliers. Which brings me to the next topic.

    Corporate America

    One of my favorite topics, almost every problem in America can somehow be traced to the corporation. Nobody in America became rich without it - it is the vessel of greed and corruption and its properties make it especially valuable. The corporation is legally required to maximize the profit of its shareholders. While someone without a mental handicap might imagine the goal of a corporation to be something like, "maximizing the welfare of its stakeholders" that just didn't have the same pizazz. No, the modern corporation is required to be the legal incorporation of excessive greed. No shareholder can be held responsible - all they did was fund the operation! No employee is responsible either - they were only listening to the boss. Your boss isn't responsible either, he was following his boss' orders and so on. So you pay a single dude a bunch of money to be accountable. But they're rarely held accountable because that would be intellectually dishonest to the extreme - everyone is culpable to an extent there's simply no way of pursuing everyone. So the whole idea of holding someone accountable is thrown to the wind - great job, America. The system works so well (not at improving your country, mind you, but in generating wealth anonymously for the top 0.01%) that it's implemented fucking everywhere: healthcare (which by definition should be PERMANENTLY REMOVED from the private sector, as far as actual care goes), prisons (America's prison pop. per capita is the highest in the world lol), defense (perverted incentives when you mix unaccountable greed with a powerful military), schools, you name it. Here's how the private sector works, in principle:

    1. There are three ways for a business to make more profit: increase revenue, decrease costs, or pay less taxes. Some accountant will tell you there are only two (the first two) but I list three for simplicity.
    2. Increasing revenue is difficult since its not entirely within your control: you can try to increase your sales or introduce a new product/service but it is never a guaranteed success. Decreasing costs is within your control and therefore much easier.
    3. Your prison needs new clothing for its inmates. There is no reason not to purchase the cheapest option, as your goal is to maximize profit within your legal boundaries. Your private school needs a new building. The cost of building a new school is less than the cost of dealing with a few potential lawsuits (injuries and such) down the road, if they were to occur. You are legally required to not build that new school. As for the customers, the next closest school is 10 miles away so they won't be switching any time soon (search wikipedia: inelastic demand)
    4. Your employees are amazing - they really add value to the company. Labor is just another cost, though, and everyone is replaceable. Except you, the one making the final decision on everything. It doesn't matter if you sit behind a desk all day signing papers, you're the star. Not the employees who do the actual work for your business. Imagine if businesses paid their labor their true value (not some artificially inflated or deflated value based on supply/demand relating to a superficial imposed authoritarian hierarchy). The CEO would be paid far less and that's unacceptable, not for any reason besides that's how the structure is.
    5. Change (internal and external) and innovation is a cost, as well. Covering America in broadband coverage sure is expensive, let's charge Americans for the services they already pay for. Developing new drugs is really expensive, too, so let's increase the price of insulin. Title II sucks - we liked it when we could price discriminate and you didn't have the option to switch providers. Now THAT was a great time for us. Under Title II we'd lose hundreds of millions in potential revenue, so let's pay the government a few million to heavily consider keeping things as they were. Change costs money and businesses aren't about spending more money - there's no mandate that says they have to care about Americans or progress or poor people.
    6. Also we want less taxes. Not so we can pay our employees more, or give our prisoners better beds and clothing - that would be absurd. We simply want more money, is that so difficult to understand? BUT HEY WAIT LISTEN HEY - it's good for the economy I promise! Sure you could simply give money to people who need it and it would enter the economy immediately (and not some rich 0.01%'ers bank account) but that's socialist talk. Eventually people will benefit, after I've benefitted by 10x more, but come on. Hey, I'll give you $150,000 if you give me $500,000 - is that such a bad deal? Don't you want money you sick, corrupted husk of a human being?

    The Media

    1. People are right to question the media. Here's an idea: no media outlet, especially if its privately owned, is without bias. It's usually good business, though, to pratice fair and unbiased journalism and media practices because many people aren't stupid and usually don't want biased news.
    2. If people knew the news was fake they wouldn't watch it. They'd watch Game of Thrones or read PPS latest book or something. I think pps should be writing books for the public at large or at least be a celebrity outside of TW - he's said some of the most original but stupid things I can think of and therefore embodies the American spirit.
    3. News channels like Fox News prey on the average American. They feed you biased bullshit and foster the divide between Americans because it makes Rupert Murdoch and his rich buddies richer. If you ever want to know if a news org. is biased just follow the money. What does CNN gain by pushing anti-gun opinions (if they are even biased in this way)? Does it make Ted Turner money? What do Rupert Murdoch and friends have to gain by telling you Obamacare is terrible? It costs them nothing to say it, either, but they have everything to gain from it. What does Fox News have to gain by pushing anti-Islam opinions? Well, half the population will probably be cool with the next invasion of Iraq, for one.
    4. Often the bias is so subtle that even otherwise intelligent or good people can fall for it if they're already leaning conservative. Make no doubt that Rupert Murdoch and his friends see the media as a tool for protecting their other investments, or the Fox News brand itself. If Fox News decided to report on the news accurately and fairly tomorrow there'd be nothing to distinguish it from CNN, and other news channels that already do a good job of just reporting the news. By advertising yourself as the "other viewpoint" of the news you create a brand that is only sustained by continuing that viewpoint. It's how Alex Jones made a news network off of "InfoWars" and alternative news: in reality he has zero advantages over an established new network but by fabricating a viewpoint he's created a product - and people love it. Problem is they confuse it with reality.

    In truth, people have the most power in this world. If we were of a single mind, would there be anything stopping us from eradicating poverty, war, nuclear weapons - anything, really - from this planet? Of course not. It's all as possible as landing on the moon, traveling to Mars, or opening your balcony window. Break free of the propganda and individualistic mindset that you did everything yourself - that no luck was involved, that nobody deserves your help. Kthx: if you were born in Uganda you wouldn't even be here making 10k posts like a complete poop stain, how do you not realize this? From the very start you had some advantage in the world, so why do you treat others like they are subhuman for not having as much as you do? Is that what you base your entire value on - wealth and circumstance that you didn't even earn? And you don't even realize how truly worthless you are compared to people with real power in the world. So what is the point of you, and millions of other Republicans and Democrats (mostly Republicans lets be fair) dividing yourselves when if you worked together you could overcome every obstacle in the world, if that was your goal. Or is it your goal to shitpost on Trenchwars forums all day long? Many people look at America with contempt - it's not just America's fault of course, the whole world is starting to use this corrupt capitalist system because it's so effective. Do you really want such a great nation, founded on such promising ideals, to become a wasteland of decerepit morals and greed? It's not just Republicans either I have to emphasize, but they are by far the worst offenders. Seems to me people in America like being evil, like being greedy, like being cruel to their neighbour, and don't see the irony in their situation: that they are far more similiar to the peoplen they mock than they realize, far closer to poverty than they know, and much farther from good than they'd like to think. Enjoy your elitist shithole of a country that divides and conquers you like all the other peons, that makes 10000x more off a tax cut than you do, and looks at you with the same contempt that you have for your poorer neighbour. Enjoy sitting on your computer coming up with such original insults like "fag" and.. well that's it and patting yourself on the back for your supreme contribution to this world. Faggot.

    Might be updating this list but this is a general outline of the corrupt nature of American political economy in my opinion. Take it, leave it, research more, update your opinions, don't, I don't care. I can log onto this game and destroy the zone within minutes dare me. I'll probably donate when I have money (likely not this month, definitely wasn't last month when I first thought of donating). Normally I could donate $20/month or so, and for all the enjoyment I've had these past months I think I owe something. I give away my pub money as well so nobody can say I'm greedy or don't practice what I preach. Fly safe idiots, don't be like that one warbird on the right tube.
    Last edited by Dierienow; 12-02-2017 at 05:01 PM.

  2. #2
    Reality kthx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    10,142
    Good thread faggot.
    Rabble Rabble Rabble


  3. #3
    Registered User Jessup's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Posts
    1,391
    Military Budget is 55 % of all Government spending costs while Healthcare is only 6 %. They say a single payer is unattainable. Facepalm........

  4. #4
    Reality kthx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    10,142
    Yeah, well pretty soon we are going to kill most members of Islam again in the great crusade of 2019. It is a small price to pay so we don't have to buy your hormone treatment with my tax dollars you fucking faggot.
    Rabble Rabble Rabble


  5. #5
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    18
    Updated. Not sure why it posted in the first place probably Trump's fault. Good day.

  6. #6
    Registered User Jessup's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Posts
    1,391
    Great update Dierienow!!

    Can you believe this recent tax cut and the sham they are pulling on the American people?? The average tax cut for a family is 100 dollars TOTAL. These retards in power literally have the gall to make this huge deal and base entire elections touting their tax cut plans and how they are going to help families. Then they throw literally a few bucks at you and expect it and make everyone happy and continue to vote for them. 100 frikkin bucks.. While the corporations are absconding with trillions and refuse to even raise the minimum wage. It is beyond insulting to me how the corporate agenda is right in our faces and yet working people still fall for voting for these evil turds to stay in power..it's baffling.. almost like they are mind controled. Anyways I enjoyed your post.. kthx should have stuck with wb because his political views are retardooo

  7. #7
    zeebu 'DUMPTRUCK' johnson Zeebu's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Location
    treeless brasil
    Posts
    5,894
    Quote Originally Posted by Jessup View Post
    Military Budget is 55 % of all Government spending costs while Healthcare is only 6 %. They say a single payer is unattainable. Facepalm........
    what the hell are you talking about. that is incredibly incorrect. youre an idiot.

    the military is 15% of the total spending.


    1996 Minnesota State Pooping Champion

  8. #8
    Reality kthx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    10,142
    Excuse me Zeebu but what did you say about xim/xer or xhey? I will have you know that facts are a racist misogynist way for nazi's to push the patriarchy you fucking cis scum. Jessup sexually identifies as factually fluid.
    Rabble Rabble Rabble


  9. #9
    ` Jones's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    2,262
    i really have a problem with people comparing trump to hitler/nazi. it's like comparing obama to a white supremacist kkk westboro baptist church

    but atleast we can tell people who make that comparison are retarded
    Last edited by Jones; 12-05-2017 at 04:27 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by jerome
    can we stop and wonder in amazement at the fact that we play a VIDEO GAME that has "generations"???

  10. #10
    I steal from walmart raizin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Sea-Tac
    Posts
    1,650
    Quote Originally Posted by kthx View Post
    Excuse me Zeebu but what did you say about xim/xer or xhey? I will have you know that facts are a racist misogynist way for nazi's to push the patriarchy you fucking cis scum. Jessup sexually identifies as factually fluid.
    topkek
    8:Lrim> you guys take this game too seriously

  11. #11
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    18
    Ya know I was going to come up with something funny but the american politics situation is so dire right now i just can't. after I drop fact after fact, throwing bomb afte bomb, you ask that question of all the ones you could ask. but yes she was so great I voted for her 6 times... and have a hard, greasy spot in my heart for Bernie SLANDERs and thx to years of a taco bell diet. which is why i need affordable health care more than ever. but not socialism like Bernie "divide-the-dems" Spenders wanted us americans stick by the free market thin and thick through the good and the bad. Hillary 2020 you go girl!!!

  12. #12
    Reality kthx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    10,142
    So you ate shitty food and now want us to pay for it and thats why you want bernie sanders, you are a waste of space, once the wall is built I hope we throw your useless ass over it.
    Rabble Rabble Rabble


  13. #13
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    866
    to be fair I wouldn't say these are all the reasons
    3:kyler> who r u btw i keep wanting to ask people "who is 45th pres" but someone gonna say "trump"
    3:45th President> do it
    kyler> who is 45th President
    nah> donald j trump

    Downfall> Shoutout to forwards for randomly giving gunsmith results that made no sense and just made things harder

    Jacklyn> holster is the thing that holds/carry the gun

  14. #14
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    18
    A rational person can easily reach a racist mindset, since rationality describes logical decision-making within the given constraints. Therefore if you believe the constraints exist (whether they do, they're not the only constraints, or do not) then you can be quite an intelligent racist. It's only by questioning those beliefs/constraints that you can reach a higher understanding.

    Trump supporters are on a low level of understanding. Dems are slightly higher. Yet thought is not bounded by two poles, and there is a higher understanding still.

    Trump, Hillary. Racist, xim/xer. Mexican, American. Nazi, Antifa. Christian, Muslim. None of these terms describe reality fully. They form an individualized box where the definitions suit your world view according to the way that you, a person among 7 billion, have chosen to interpret it. The choice need not be conscious, but the path towards higher understanding is always chosen and never stumbled upon.

    If you draw a small box with an intricate pattern, it is still a small box. If you draw a large box the pattern takes much longer, but the results are always more impressive, more inclusive, and the artist's skills, always, are much more developed.

  15. #15
    is on druggs Jerome Scuggs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    loUiSiAna
    Posts
    12,915
    Quote Originally Posted by qan View Post
    No disrespect intended toward you, but I still choose to side with the field of evolutionary biology on this one. I do agree that excessively generalizing based on the perceived traits of people is a kind of intellectual laziness. But I do still stand by the belief that there is a biological component to racism, because that's what the research currently indicates.
    lil bit of this, lil bit of that

    I don't have some exact figure here but i'm assuming like 99.9% of all animals have a genetic predisposition to fear/dislike "different" animals - the evolutionary equivalent of "playing it safe" to protect that animal from encountering a potential predator

    But then with humans you throw in sentience and the shit gets complicated. People can rationalize and feed a racist belief because it confirms their unconscious initial aversion to seeing a "different" animal, but everyone sort of defines "different" differently, and everyone learns and experiences different information and environments.

    So cultural traits can appear and disappear in response to new circumstances much faster than biological ones -- you might even call culture a kind of pseudo-genome -- but they still exist only because they've provided some advantage, at some point in time. As did racism.
    I studied alot of primary sources from the Reconstruction era when I took a class on Louisiana & the Civil War, and noticed alot of (white) southerners were super bitter because they're losing their lands and property, their friends are losing lands and property, the economy is in the shitter and everyone's broke. But at the same time, they're seeing black people gain land, gain property, gain political power. Obviously this perception was a vastly incorrect view of what was happening and why it was happening. But to the average, poorly informed post-war southerner, they see white people worse off in general, and black people better off in general, and conclude it's a zero-sum transfer of wealth and power from one skin color to another. Think about that type of resentment festering as a "pseudo-genome", because it was in fact advantageous as hell. Anyone who wanted anything could use racism to get these white southerners to follow and support them. Racism helped get people elected, helped people get rich.

    I think about this when I look at the period between 1960-1990. During the 60's, minorities began gaining civil rights on a mass scale, and are finally able to "enter" American culture, and in the following decades you see more and more minority individuals becoming wealthy, becoming famous, etc. You see their cultural influence more and more. At the same time, however, the American population exceeds the number of American jobs available for the first time ever. Corporations, realizing there's more people than jobs, realize they can stop raising wages to entice people, "if you dont like it you can quit, there's dozens of people willing to take this job". So the inflation-adjusted average wage basically freezes around the 70's. But that's not enough, profits need to be higher, so by the 80's these corporations are realizing it's cheaper to simply build factories overseas where they can pay literal pennies to people to do jobs Americans used to do.

    So now imagine you're a relatively average white dude living throughout this era. You're not an economist, you're not a historian, you might read the daily news but not much else. During this period, what seems to be happening? You see the economy beginning to stagnate, you see friends and family laid off and your own paycheck ain't getting any bigger. But for thirty years you've been watching TV and listening to the radio and you're seeing more and more minority politicians, minority businessmen, minority celebrities. And then someone like David Duke comes along, points these two facts out, and tells you that minorities are stealing wealth and power from Good, Hard Working White Americans. You don't see that minorities are also suffering economically because the previous generation's racism led to minorities being herded into ghettos, you just see more minorities on TV but you notice you're seeing more and more of them than you did 30 years ago, while outside and around you, your (mainly white) community experiences the impacts of the beginning of late-stage capitalism. Sure enough, that racism pseudo-gene kicks in, and since corporations are making record profits they can spend that money to find ways to blame the state of the economy on anyone but themselves. Previously people in power could just blame "the blacks" or whatever, but you can't do that anymore in a post-Civil Rights America (not openly, anyway), but this time around they played it a little more subtly. Corporations begin a campaign that goes like "sorry guy, we'd pay you more, but unfortunately we had to give all that money to the government, by the way the government uses tax money for welfare, by the way here's a 30-min news segment on how literally every welfare recipient is a crack-addict with a brand-new Cadillac in the yard.", and let the David Dukes of the world take that and run with it. And year after year these corporations shatter new records for profits while telling the rest of us that "sorry, there's just no money in the budget to give you a raise. Actually, we're going to let you go because it's cheaper to pay a child in singapore to work in our factories. And now, here's a 30-minute news segment about thousands of illegal immigrants and how they're all working on farms in California."

    So yeah qan, "racism-as-a-pseudo-gene" makes alot of sense because in a way, you see how a small part of society has exploited racism to divert attention away from the fact that they're looting our country blind. It's incredibly advantageous in that sense. At the same time, it's advantageous for the increasingly oppressed proletariat, because they can make themselves feel better by blaming their own economic stress on someone else - black people, immigrants, welfare recipients, pick your poison.
    The Phase > what version of ssc are you guys running?
    Criminal> idk whatever was on the first google result for "piece of shit spaceship game from 96 free download"


    Quote Originally Posted by Leland View Post
    lol lo l oo lo l ol olol o lo l ol o lo l o


    420 420 420

    123

  16. #16
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    18
    I liked the stamps I thought they illustrated his point well, compared to yours which had no pictures and just sucked in general.

    As for Ford yeah he helped the nazis in some way. That's not America though. That's like trying to blame America for when Elon finally snaps in traffic and builds the AI you need strobe lighs for, but conveniently leaves out the clause that prevents it from wrestling people to the death. That would be on South Africa duh.. lol
    Last edited by Dierienow; 12-07-2017 at 01:41 AM.

  17. #17
    My Member isn't Junior
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Posts
    2,722
    I collect stamps, am Moderator of the largest online stamp forum, and am developer and owner of a very large (50,000+ files) philatelic website http://stampsmarter.com. I used stamps because I think that stamps reflect our history and the human condition pretty well. For example, here is a ‘War on Stamps’ music video I made



    Eph
    Last edited by Ephemeral; 12-07-2017 at 11:06 AM.

  18. #18
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Posts
    27
    Hey Eph

    I've got somewhat of a small collection of stamps. It was left behind by the previous owners of the house. The previous owner was an avid collector and people would send him stamps from around the world. I've been into stamps since discovering the collection - truly is an intriguing method of learning history!

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •